Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Nursing Dad

I forgot to explain why I am doing all the feedings for now.  Yesterday, Fraidy and I cut a deal.  Since she had spent most of the day suffocating inside the ICU and hospital and I got to escape for 5 hours when I drove the kids home, that I would sleep with the baby and she would get a good night's sleep.
This turned out to be a fortuitous decision, as I was much more successful giving the baby a bottle than Fraidy was.  We are theorizing two possible reasons: 1 - The baby smells Fraidy and would prefer to nurse from her, rather take a bottle.  But we aren't allowed to nurse the baby yet, until we know he is strong enough to take from a bottle for 24 hours.  2 - I seem to be better at handling the gaging.  I take the bottle out and try again slowly, and eventually he starts to grab suction on the bottle.  Fraidy has a harder time with it, since she is a loving caring mother, for some reason she has trouble shoving a silicon top into a babies mouth when he is gaging and making sad faces.  I seem to be the more abusive one here.  Norman is learning his first lesson in life: If you wanna eat, you gotta learn to control your gag reflex.  So I am on call every three hours to come feed him.  Thats leaves me 1 hour and 40 minutes until the next call.  This is ridiculous.  How do women live like this??

1 comment:

  1. Women can do it because they have supportive husbands...

    ReplyDelete